Log in or Register
Tonbridge Angels Academy 6
0 K Sports

Manager Tom Parkinson tweeted the following after the game 

‘A good 2nd half performance for the elite squad after a sloppy 1st half against a good well organised K Sports team. 

MOM Billy Kent. A good second half display from Billy getting 1 goal and 1 assist.  Terrorising the K Sports defence and being a real handful.  

Goals : Cameron Wotton, Joe Tyrie, Ben Hermitage, Luca Woodhouse x 2’

Full report from Wink Tomkinson follows:-  

Tonbridge Angels Academy cruised to a comfortable victory against K Sports at Larkfield to maintain their title challenge on a day in which fellow contenders, Maidstone United and Bromley, also collected full points. 

The Angels opened up on the front foot and Ben Hermitage brought a very good save from the K Sports goalkeeper, Denny McConnell, after just two minutes. But the visiting defence was opened up on four minutes when a pass from Luca Woodhouse was turned into the path of Cameron Wootton who scored from eight yards. 

An injury to Sam Grant brought an early appearance off the bench for Mason Nicholls and, after 12 minutes, K Sports’ Jermain Kevill brought a good save, low to his left from Nat Gibb following a shot from 20 yards.

Tonbridge continued to dominate the game with a series of corners and Wootton firing wide before doubling their lead on 29 minutes when a Ben Twist corner was met with a firm header from skipper Joe Tyrie that gave the McConnell no chance.

The visitors wasted a great opportunity to reduce the deficit before the break when Kevill set up Mackenzie Gardiner with a free header that he somehow conspired to put wide.

Within a couple of minutes of the restart, Wootton had the ball in the net following some good work from Josh McArthur but this was ruled out for offside, but two minutes later a Woodhouse free kick from 20 yards found the top corner.

The game was probably over as a contest on 57 minutes when a well worked goal involving Twist and Billy Kent, ended with Hermitage having a tap-in to make it four. 

Whilst the Angels were mostly in the ascendancy, every so often K Sports would offer a threatening moment and a nicely crafted move ended with Ryan Tibbs firing over and three minutes later a Rhys Cheek header struck the post 

Kent who had worked hard missed narrowly before getting his name on the score sheet after 83 minutes when he ran onto a Hermitage through ball to round the goalkeeper and slot the ball into the unguarded goal.

The game was rounded off four minutes from time when Kent latched onto a poor clearance to set up Woodhouse for an easy finish.


The days’s results have set up an intriguing encounter on Monday when the Angels visit Maidstone United at the Gallagher.



Published Wednesday 16th March 2022