Angels supporting Tonbridge Pride
A celebration of diversity and equality in our community
Tonbridge Angels Football Club is delighted to support the first ever Tonbridge Pride event, which is set to take place on Saturday 6 August.
As a show of support for this celebration of diversity and equality in our community, a Pride perimeter ground board for the new season ahead will be erected at The Halcyon Wealth Longmead Stadium that will be seen by countless players taking part in our national game on the new 3G pitch. Also, our 1st team captain, Sonny Miles, will be wearing a rainbow armband for every home game this season and will be giving his worn armband to a junior supporter after each home match.
Commenting on the support for Tonbridge Pride, Club director Sophie Purves said, “As a true supporter owned football club we strive to be inclusive and welcoming. Football is for everyone and we are very pleased to be taking these steps to celebrate the LGBTQ community of Tonbridge. It’s been great to work with Tonbridge Pride and we look forward to strengthening the partnership next year with events taking place at the Club itself.”
Tonbridge Pride’s day of celebration(Saturday 6th August) will involve;
- A Pride March at midday starting at the River Lawn and walking along the high street to the Castle.
- There will be music, food, drinks and product stalls at the Castle
- The Glow Up Station will be at Escape Arts Centre for all things fashion, accessories, nails and glitter make up
- Planet JJ's are hosting a cake and board game afternoon for anyone who wants to celebrate Pride away from noise and crowds
- The Pride family area at the castle will have children’s entertainment, facepainting, cupcake decorating and more.
There will be Talking Tents which will host a variety of organisations, charities and local schools to discuss, educate and support on all LGBTQ issues.
- Evening entertainment at the Castle will include singers, comedians and drag acts. This will be 18+.
Pride starts at Midday, Family Friendly runs until 7pm and the whole event ends at 10.30 with The Gatehouse hosting the official Pride "After Party"which will be running until late.
If you can't make our first National League South game of the season away at Weymouth, then please come and enjoy some of the many events that will be taking place across the town.