Angels to recruit a Commercial Manager
Like to work for your favourite football club in the heart of the Kent countryside
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Tonbridge Angels as the club looks to appoint a Manager to help push forward its commercial aims and objectives. Could you be the right person to fill this position? If so, then read on and take a look at the job application below.
Angels Commercial Director, Sophie Purves explains more: “We have received amazing support from our commercial partners this season and we have successfully developed a core of local businesses who share our love for the Club and our supporter owned, community ethos.
We are now looking to recruit a commercial manager to enhance further our commercial activities at Tonbridge Angels. This is an exciting time for the Club, with the real prospect of a 3G pitch and all the community and commercial benefits that brings.
The amazing advantage of our ownership structure is that all commercial revenue we generate in reinvested back into the team and the Club itself. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join the Angels team as Commercial manager and be part of our journey.”
Please see the job application below which details this exciting opportunity and explains how to apply,
Tonbridge Angels Football Club is looking for a dynamic individual with great communications skills and a strong background in sales to be the primary contact for all commercial activity at the Club, with the aim of further developing important revenue streams.
Based at the Halcyon Wealth Longmead Stadium and reporting to the Commercial Director, the role will involve the following:
- Responsible for meeting budgeted commercial targets set by the Board.
- Building successful relationships with current sponsors and local businesses through the further development of the Angels Business Club.
- Responsible for the sale and delivery of match sponsorship and hospitality packages.
- Responsible for the sale of perimeter advertising boards, match programme and website advertising.
- Securing shirt sponsorship deals for youth, womens and disability teams in conjunction with the development of our 3G pitch.
- Implementation and management of an effective CRM system to effectively target customers.
- Liaising with and handling all National League commercial matters.
- Assisting the Events & Hospitality Manager with the further development and promotion of Angels Marquee events, conferencing and venue hire.
- Responsible for tickets sales for Angels Marquee events including tribute nights, sportmans dinners, Christmas party nights.
- To be the Club’s primary match day host, ensuring the needs of commercial partners and sponsors are met and a positive matchday experience is had by all.
Hours of work:
- 28 hours per week flexible working and 5 hours each matchday / evening.
- 30 days holiday including statutory bank holidays.
We will be offering a competitive basic salary in line with the successful candidate’s level of experience and an excellent commission structure.
To apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter including why you believe you would be suitable for this role and your salary expectations to Commercial Director, Sophie Purves email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 13 February 2022