Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council on board with Fair Game
Councillors from all parties show support
Last night (22nd February) all parties of Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council passed a motion supporting the work and aims of Fair Game of which Tonbridge Angels is a member.
Fair Game is an alliance of over 30 football clubs from all levels of the game below the Premier League, who, together are calling for improved governance of the game. Fair Game is calling for a financial structure that is fairer and more responsible, gives greater recognition of, and protections for, current competitions and an embedded and structured fan engagement at all clubs. Fair Game supports the fan-led review recently chaired by Tracey Crouch MP.
Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council is the 6th local authority in England to register its formal support to Fair Game, and Tonbridge Angels FC is delighted that the town's council is on board with the same aims as its community based football club.
Here is the full text of the motion:-
- Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council believes that football clubs are community assets, playing important social, civic and cultural roles in their local communities.
- This council supports the manifesto for football proposed by Fair Game and calls on other councils to join us in our support.
- The council will write to the Minister for Sport and the Local Government Association Culture Tourism and Sport Board, with copies sent to Tom Tugendhat MP and Tracey Crouch MP, urging them to work towards implementing Fair Game's manifesto.
- The council is pleased to note that Tonbridge Angels Football Club is a member of Fair Game and supports their manifesto.
- The council further notes that Tom Tugendhat MP supports the Fair Game manifesto.”