Tonbridge Angels - Coronavirus - Policy
Club will at all times adhere to advice and instructions from the Authorities
The club will at all times adhere to advice and instructions from HM Government, Public Health England, The NHS, The Football Association, and The National League
At 5:50pm on Monday March 16th The National League announced that it was suspending competition until at least Friday April 3rd 2020. When football returns it is likely the advice and actions shown below from the Government, Health Authorities, Football Authorities and our own Club will remain in place for a period of time.
The National League has already issued a statement asking for the Fair Play handshakes prior to games to be suspended until further notice. They have also repeated guidance from the Government regarding personal hygiene for all concerned be they players, officials or supporters at their clubs.
As a reminder to all, that guidance is as follows:-
• Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
• Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
• Not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
When the National League competition resumes the club will provide additional soap and towels in all toilets together with notices emphasising personal hygiene. Supporters may of course bring their own hand sanitisers to matches although soap is equally effective in preventing the spread of coronavirus.
Should anyone begin to display the symptoms of possible coronavirus they should not attend matches but if possible self isolate and seek guidance by contacting the NHS 111 service preferably on line.
Following guidelines announced by the Government on Monday March 16th 2020 events both public and private at the club e.g. The Garden Show and AngelFest are postponed. The only public event for this year which continues to be confirmed is The Skatonics evening which will take place on 31st October 2020.
It is more than likely that this policy will need to be updated as events move forward.